Monday, November 29, 2010

How ya like me now?

"Rejoice not against me, O mine enemy: when I fall, I shall arise; when I sit in darkness,
the LORD shall be a light unto me." Micah 7:8

Ever had the wind knocked out of you? I have.  I remember one instance very vividly.  I was playing Junior High School football.  When the ball snapped and the action started, I must have stepped back and stood up a bit from as a player from the opposing line thrust his helmet into my gut! I was knocked down and as I stood up I could not breathe.  In what seemed to take an eternity my breathing did return to normal.

Ever had life knock the wind out of you?  Divorce, being laid off, and financial woes will all knock the wind out of you. And, there are numerous other instances when we have been caught off guard and opposition seemed to gut punch us. None of us are immune from the gut punches of life.  We all at sometime or another have had the wind knocked out of us.  With situations that have hurt us deeply, shattered our dreams and have left us feeling humiliated, what do we do? You get back up.

When you played sports you didn't lay there on the field moaning and crying. Coach would tell you to get up and "walk it off"!  You did as you were told and eventually the life would come back into you.  The same is true in life.The longer you lay there wallowing in self pity the harder it will be to get back in the game.  You must get up and walk it off! No matter how hard you were knocked down--get up! No matter how low you sank--get up and walk it off!!

When life knocks the wind out of you determine that you are getting back up!  Others will laugh at you and you may even have to swallow your pride as the situation brings you down to your knees.  When that happens just imagine the end result you desire to have.  Picture yourself as already getting back up and not just surviving, but thriving! People may have rejoiced at the pain they inflicted in your life. They may have thought they did you in.  Now, just imagine all the faces of those who wrote you off, who hurt you, who laughed at you when you rise up from the ashes and claim your prize.  Imagine you asking them "How ya like me now?"

 Live that victory internally and it will manifest itself externally. You have to be the victor on the inside before it manifests on the outside.  Determine that when you fall you will rise back up again.  I may be in darkness now, but I have hope for a brighter tomorrow.  Don't give up on me just yet.  I will bounce back. One day the situation I am in will only be a memory.  And, I will ask all of those who believed me out for the count, "how ya like me now?"

No comments:

Post a Comment